This week, we upgraded from Unreal Engine 4.18 to 4.19, which is both exciting and nerve-wracking. We’ll need to test everything to make sure nothing broke during the upgrade. However we do look forward to using the new tools that come with the update.
Similarly, we are far enough into development that we are starting to talk about branching the files into a stable release build. Previously, we have done all of our work in one branch. This means if we added a new experimental feature, everyone would get that feature immediately. With branching, we can experiment and add new features, while the release branch remains unchanged. Once the new code is tested thoroughly, we’ll merge everything into the release version, and our players will get a nice clean update to their game!
Speaking of player updates, we’re also looking into building a launcher client for the game, to handle updates. We did some research and prototyping, and the results look promising.
This week, we’re showing off concept art for an angelic statue that will find a place in the environment of one of our maps.
We’ve been adjusting the character movement speeds this week. The walking and sprinting speeds were artificially high. This made exploring the map easier, but makes firefights nearly impossible. We’ll be looking for more feedback on this in the future. If you’re interested in being a part of our Alpha test later this year, follow us on social media to be the among first to know!
Silas Talley, Creative Director / Studio Manager