Update 0.3.5 is now available for Revn. This update includes the first playable version of the new lane and zone objective system. To win the game, players must capture the final zone in their enemy’s lane, close to their spawn area. Each zone is locked until the zone in front of it is captured. Once a zone is captured, it cannot be retaken. The defending team can build around each zone, however once it is captured, no new objects can be built in that zone. In the future, we will be balancing the map design, and possibly adding multiple lanes. We are also working on gear system rework that will change how abilities and stats are chosen by players.
Here are the full patch notes for Update 0.3.5:
- HUD now shows how long a match has been running
- Began prototyping cosmetics UI on main menu. Doesn’t do anything yet.
- HUD progress bar elements (player health, enemy health, victory progress) now have a dark grey backgrounds that hopefully improve readability.
- Moved player health to the bottom center of the screen instead of upper right corner
- Reworked Armor modding UI layout. Added tooltips to active armor mods, removed the other stat descriptions for active mods to give more space to the top of the UI. Started working on new Passive Armor slot system, doesn’t work yet
- Extended the mid lane in LaneMap to begin to prototype a larger map size
- Started prototyping new lock-down objectives that are linked to build zones that are disabled when lockdown area is captured by enemy team
- Disabled minion wave spawning timer. The minion wave system needs more work before it can be tested again.
- Prototyped the new lane lock down zone objective system. Players must capture the zones in a specified order (they are locked until the forward zone is captured). Capturing the final zone will tell everyone that your team won the game. Defenders can reduce the capture progress but if a zone is lost it is lost forever and cannot be retaken.
- Added more walls and blocks to Lane Map
Our community playtest this week will be on Wednesday, February 6th, at 5:00 pm EST. See you there!
Silas Talley, Creative Director