Update 0.1.7 for Revn is available now. This update is the first part in our overhaul of character animations. This rework has been in the works for several months, and we’re excited to start rolling it out today! As we continue to transition to a new character skeleton for animations, we’ve swapped our character models out for placeholder starter content models. Revn’s character models will return when they’ve been update to work with the new animations.
You may notice that some objects feel bigger than before. This is because our old skeleton and character models were over two meters tall, making them enormous if compared to normally scaled characters! We will be tuning the scale of objects in future updates.
Here are the full patch notes for Update 0.1.7:
- Characters aiming down sights will now resume aiming down sights after swapping weapons
- Rotated “teleporter” mesh 45 degrees
- Changed scale of skeleton sockets for guns, hopefully this fixes bug where clients will spawn their weapons as gigantic versions!
- Character animations reworked
- Characters now use an updated animation logic
- Characters have all new animations for walking, sprinting, crouching, and aiming
- More new animations are coming in the future
- Character models replaced with placeholder starter content character model until Revn’s character models are updated to the new system
- Adjusted camera positioning
- Armor modding menu now hides available mods when not at a crafting table
- Hermes Boots’ ability now has a 5 second duration, and a 10 second cooldown
- Ability timers are now shown in UI, overlayed over their icon
- HUD now shows all available buildings while in Drone, if previewing a building, in a scrolling list with the currently selected building highlighted
- Doors no longer prompt to open / close if they are not yet finished building
- Fixed network replication problems with doors (there shouldn’t be any more door bugs but you never know)
Thank you, alpha testers, for all of your feedback! We look forward to playing with you during our next community playtest, December 11th, from 5:00-7:00 pm EST. You can also watch the playtest on Silas’ Twitch channel.